Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Turnpike Toll Take-Away Proposal All But Scrapped

Yesterday and today's Boston Metro, Boston Globe and Boston Herald have been reporting that the Massachusetts Turnpike Board, still getting a "no" vote from governor Deval Patrick's camp on the proposal to take away MassPike tolls west of I-95/Rt 128/Rt. 3, have all but declared the issue dead... at least for now. And in case I haven't made my stance on the issue clear here or here, I'm happy that the issue is finally getting scrapped. I really don't have much new to say about it. I said it was unfeasible monetarily the minute Kerry Healy came out with it as a last-ditch effort to save face with We the People of the People's Republic of Massachusetts and garner more votes for the gubernatorial election last November (boy, time flies). And while I'm not elated that Governor Patrick took the wussy, programmed-politician no-nonsense stance on the "Aqua Teen Scare" of last week, I'm happy that he's at least stuck to his guns on this issue. 'Nuff said.
-TM

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home